Friday, November 14, 2008

Potato Chowder

This is my favorite potato soup. Perfect for colder weather. Also a perfect recipe for those times that I don't want to eat what I had planned on making. I always have these ingredients in my fridge and cupboard. Also a great way to use up last nights left over veggies.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
1 onion diced
about 4 lbs of potatoes peeled and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
whole milk
1-2 cups grated cheese
chopped cooked veggies (any kind you like) or you can boil them with the potatoes

Directions:
-saute onion in oil until soft
-add salt, pepper and the potatoes, and veggies if you are using raw
-add enough water to just cover potatoes and lightly boil just until potatoes are cooked (don't over boil)
-Pour off at least half of the water from pot
-add cheese and veggies (if not already in the pot)
-add milk to desired consistency

1 comment:

life at mono lake said...

man, i am going to try to make this tonight. it look so good
mona