Monday, November 10, 2008

Creamy Fettuccine with Two Cheeses

This recipe comes from my everyday food magazine. I love this magazine. I have had a subscription for the past two years and have found wonderful recipes every month. Now that I am cooking without meat I can't use quite as many but there are still lots to choose from. This one was very fast and easy to make. The original recipe served 4 so I've changed it to serve more.

Ingredients:
1 lb. fettuccine
3 T butter
1 1/3 c half & half
1/2 c (plus a little more) grated Romano cheese
1/2 c (plus a little more) grated Parmesan
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
-boil fettuccine in a pot of salted boiling water, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and set aside
-in large pot, melt butter over med heat
-add half & half and cheeses, bring just to simmer
-add pasta and toss to combine
-if needed, gradually add enough of the pasta water to thin the sauce ( I added almost all of the water) sauce thickens as it stands
-sprinkle with parsley and serve

No comments: